Thursday 20 October 2016

Feedback


In one of my other blog posts, I mentioned an exam I would be taking for literature and how my professor had a review with us before the exam day. We took the exam last week and on Wednesday of this week, our professor gave us the exams back to see how we did. What I really admired about my professor is that he went over the exam again to make sure we understood any errors we may have made. We went through each question and he explained what he was looking for in every answers and reasons why we did not get full points for possible answers.

I remember in another class I had last semester where I had a professor who had us take tests and would only post our grades online. She did not go over the correct answers, and I know a lot of my classmates had questions on how they got their grades or wanted to understand what mistakes they may have made,

I think it is important for teachers to give proper feedback to their students in order for them to realize certain concepts they would need to improve on and for them to have a better understanding of the content being taught. However, feedback can either be positive or negative. Educators should be cautious at how they give feedback to particular students, especially those who may take it the wrong way. Nonetheless, feedback is better than no feedback to help the students get back on track rather than falling behind on what it is for them to understand and improve on.

1 comment: