Sunday 16 October 2016

Working with Others

On  Wednesday for my ED271 class, different groups were assigned and we each had to present about an educational game our groups chose and the steps we took to create a rubric, as well. It was such a fun group project to do. All the educational games presented in class were interesting. I enjoyed listening to how the different groups worked together to create the finished product of their rubric and presentation.

To be completely honest, I am not the kind of person who would normally enjoy working in a group. I have always liked to work independently because of the way I'd like particular things to be. I'm very detailed and look at the tiniest things. I have always been that person to take charge because of how worried I would be if things do not go the right way (or the way I want them to be). 

Recently, I've opened up to group work. I have become conscious of how important working with others is. As a future educator, I know working together is essential for bigger and brighter ideas. Communication skills become more evident in group work. Ever since I have been in college, working with others has kind of just been forced in my direction. For that, I am grateful. I realize that it is not just my ideas and opinions that exist, but there are many diverse perspectives and I have learned so much from them. New approaches to solving differences also arise in group work. I have also encountered many encouragement from other group members, which is important for students. Although there are many positive factors to group work, it may backfire sometimes. But from my experiences and growth, I will definitely enforce working with others in the classroom, and be sure that it will be assessed in a way that promotes meaningful teamwork and collaboration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment