Thursday 13 October 2016

Bear in the Classroom

On Monday, I took my first exam of the semester. I managed my time well enough to study so I wasn't worried at all. Our professor reviewed us on exactly what we should know, and I knew the content well. I was pretty confident to say the least. I even took an extra 30 minutes before class started to go over my notes one last time. Everything was going absolutely great...until it was actually time to do the exam.

Now, things did go bad. But it's not in the way that I didn't know my stuff. I did. All the questions weren't a complete stranger to me, and the answers to them came natural. What absolutely caught me off guard was my stomach. Oh. No. Picture this. The classroom was DEAD SILENT. My stomach made THE MOST embarrassing noises possible. It was extremely loud. I kid you not, it sounded like the growling of a bear. Worst part? It didn't happen once. Or even twice. It started when I was on question 3 and it continued at random moments during the whole class period. So, no.

My head wasn't focused on the exam anymore. I cared less to get the answers perfectly down. I just wanted to get out of there! I heard a few giggles, and I never felt more embarrassed in my life. I even tried drinking a lot of water after the first growl happened. But it didn't work. I didn't understand, either. I ate breakfast and I even had a snack before the exam while I was studying. Lesson learned. From now on, I'm going to make sure I'm well fed before taking any exams, tests, or even quizzes.

No comments:

Post a Comment