Thursday 3 November 2016

Promethean Flipchart

Recently, in my ED271 class, we were introduced to Promethean ActivInspire. We were assigned to create a lesson on a topic we chose by creating a flip chart through ActivInspire. ActivInspire has a wide range of tools to use for students to be interactive in the lesson. We had many other examples to look at through Promethean Planet and get inspiration from. I knew that I wanted to teach something about art, but wasn't sure which specific content in that area. I was leaning towards "elements of art" because there were a wide variety of examples on Promethean Planet, but as I explored a bit more, this one flip chart on abstract art caught my attention. The flip chart had a creative way for students to create their own abstract art using the tools from ActivInspire, and that sparked the ideas for my own lesson.



 We worked on our flip chart during two class meetings. After the second time meeting, I realized I still had more to work on. Using my personal laptop, I installed ActivInspire and continued to work on it at home. As I explored more and toggled with the toolbars, I was amazed at how much you can really do on this application! I think it is such a great way for students to be interactive. As technology becomes more evident and more complex, the classroom should also adapt to the growing use of technology along with the rest of the world. If the classroom environment continues to be the same as 10 or 20 years, it will not be effective for the new generations to come who are more tech-efficient. Promethean ActivInspire is an example of what a classroom today should involve.

No comments:

Post a Comment